Friday, February 27, 2026

45 ~ What Could Possibly Be Missing?

By Kay Heitsch

Moving to this new neighborhood made me think a lot. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't know what.
This new neighborhood was beautiful with large wooded lots.
The people were friendly. I never heard anyone gossip about others. Everyone seems satisfied.
We had a block party in the summer. I had stopped drinking, but I found out I didn't need booze to have fun.
A neighbor whose name was also Kay put in a pool and invited the kids and me over all summer. I had a great tan.
Kay had a couple of little boys, and she asked Todd to babysit them so he could make a little money. Todd would always take his box full of army men and forts. Believe it or not, we still have these, and Eli has had a lot of fun playing with them.
A group of moms and I took the kids out to different outings in the area. One afternoon, we went on a riverboat cruise.
I walked a lot with the neighbors. There were several hills in the neighborhood, so it was quite a workout, but it was fun walking with other people.
Since I was home, I was asked to babysit for a few neighbors while they worked. I made friends with several neighbors. In fact, I talked to two just this month.
The school was great. Todd and Shannon excelled! Todd played football and was given awards. We got a dog. Bill had an RX-7 sports car, and I had a conversion van with all the perks.
Even with all of this, something was missing! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.
"Write down for the coming generation what the Lord has done, so that people not yet born will praise Him." Psalm 102:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

92 ~ Sleep

By Kay Heitsch Several years ago, my husband, Bill, worked out of town. Bill had been transferred several times, but I always had children i...